Obstructive sleep apnea happens when something partly or completely blocks your upper airway during sleep. That makes your diaphragm and chest muscles work harder to open the obstructed airway and pull air into the lungs. You may even stop breathing briefly while you sleep if you are suffering from this condition.
The diagnostic study is a Home Sleep Study or a hospital based Polysomnograph (PSG).
- Daytime sleepiness or fatigue
- Dry mouth or sore throat when you wake up
- Headaches in the morning
- Trouble concentrating, forgetfulness, depression, or irritability
- Night sweats
- Problems with sex
- Waking up suddenly and feeling like you're gasping or choking
- Trouble getting up in the mornings
- Breathlessness while climbing a flight of stairs or any other physical activity
- Night clenching/grinding
- Weight loss
- Intra Oral Appliances
- Sleeping on your side
- Using more pillows
INDRA CRANIOFACIAL PAIN RELIEF INDIA (LLP), based in Bengaluru, was founded in August 2013 by Dr. Rajesh Raveendranathan and his wife, Dr. Asha
ICPRI is the only firm in India that promotes Neuromuscular Dentistry (NMD) to help patients who suffer from Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD) or Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).